Investing or Acquring a Family Home in the UK
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
Some buy to let mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Successful property investment requires extensive knowledge of the local market and the ability to predict rather than to simply react to market changes. With our expert knowledge and experience acquired over many years within the UK property finance market, we will assist and advice clients in forming a realistic strategy needed to build a portfolio of properties in the UK .
Set Clear Objectives
It is important to set clear objectives at the outset of any investment in property. The most common reasons for investing in property are:
- To produce capital growth
- To produce an income stream (from rental income)
- To combine income with growth
Finding suitable Property:
Local knowledge is vital when acquiring property in the UK. If capital growth is the main objective you must consider the following questions:
- Are you getting good value for money?
- Is the property in a good location with good transport links?
- What are the risks of negative equity?
- Is it a Buy-to-let Investment?
Before acquiring a BUY-TO-LET property as an investment, you must consider the following:
- Choosing a promising area – a place where prospective tenants would like to live – whether corporate executives with the means to spend on renting prime properties in Central London (Kensington & Chelsea, St John’s Wood), young professionals who favour the commuter belt or student accommodation in university towns.
- Conservative investors should ensure that the rent covers at least 125% of the mortgage payment (assuming you are raising finance for the purchase of the property). The minimum deposit is in the region of 30% of the house price. It is advisable to put aside a lump sum equivalent of 4-6 months rent in a savings account to cushion you against void periods.
- If you are looking to raise finance, we will help to arrange this and introduce you to financial institutions that have experience within the property market.
- A Buy-To-Let investment should be approached cautiously and with a focus on the income generated plus gradual capital appreciation, not short-term capital gain. Remember that once the mortgage repayments, property management costs (including service charge if applicable) and tax on any profits are taken into account, you will want rental income to build up over a period of time.
These are the services we can provide:
- Arrange Finance to purchase the property for you.
- Introduce you to reputable solicitors to represent you in the purchase of the property.
- Search for properties in your recommended area, view the properties on your behalf until you are satisfied with the property you are buying.
- Act as your agent with all the people involved in the chain of acquiring your property i.e. the Solicitors; the Bank & the Agent.
- Constant communication with you via email, phone calls or, if necessary, trips to hold meetings in your country of residence.
References from High Value Clients we have served can be provided on request.
Skills : Services